mikedolbear.com discussion forum

Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Main Site | Shop | Classifieds | Links | Events | Frappr | Terms of Use

All Forums
 General Discussion
 I Need Help!
 Mixing desk basics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dsp Posted - 11/09/2017 : 00:37:28
Hello good people! Long time no see.
Taken a bit of a break from drumming for various reasons, but recently got a 'We're putting the band back together (for a friend's 50th)!' call, so have been blowing out the cobwebs recently.

One thing I definitely need to do is figure out is exactly how my mixer works. Still not sure why I ended up buying the PA, but I've got a basic system : a Yamaha MG166CX mixer, Alto main speakers and some Laney foldback, but to be honest on the few occasions I've used it, it's been a bit hit and miss, and we never used to use foldback (I've only recently picked up the Laneys).

What I'm looking for is an idiot's guide to using the mixer - I understand most of it, but I still don't feel confident with the Aux outs for on-stage monitor mixing. For example, there appears to be three Aux controls, two 'regular' and one for the onboard digital effects. That says to me that I could have two, and no more, seperate mixes on stage, even if I had more monitors.

So why are there seemingly four Aux output jacks?

I'm sure it's all pretty simple really, and once I've got it, I'll be away, but I hate not understanding.

Very much a case of 'some of the gear and no idea!'

Any advice or pointers towards a decent online guide or book would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sharklaar Posted - 12/09/2017 : 16:48:00
Hey DSP

The forum has moved....

http://forum.mikedolbear.com/

Newer and sexier

mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000