New home, big windows, morning coffee.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  08:44:24  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Quite a change from my old place in Bermondsey, just off the Old Kent Road, this is the view I now have to put up with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYkXo--4OEY

Marcus de Mowbray
www.330studios.co.uk/marcus

mike dolbear
Administrator

2382 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  09:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Bubble

Quite a change from my old place in Bermondsey, just off the Old Kent Road, this is the view I now have to put up with!

I am so glad this has worked out for you. I also recently moved out of London after 30 years which was a big change for us, i still have a studio in London for teaching which i go to twice a week but then back home to the beach

It's my website/forum so behave yourself's !

Started November 2000
New Mike Dolbear Web Show https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAGa_4MF8-VD8gvSKB6EcbifVLsl0Saf1
Go to Top of Page

beezerk
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
30104 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  09:37:04  Show Profile  Visit beezerk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jesus, where have you moved to, Chequers?
We'll have to call you Lord Bubble from now on
Looks superb BTW.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c41/beezerkdrums/

https://www.justgiving.com/MartynVaughan
Go to Top of Page

Soporif
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
7930 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  10:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Soporif's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a duck's ar5e Marcus, we all had them in the 50s.

| Me Proud Beauties | Somebody Else's Proud Beauties | MeSpace |
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  11:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers folks! We never would have believed that scruffy old industrial buildings in London could do us so proud out in the sticks! Our whole area is to be razed and re-developed, a huge shame, but we decided to go before the Compulsory Purchase Orders start arriving.

Mike, I did not know that you had moved to the coast, whereabouts? Coast is good!

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page

rollingthunder
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2448 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  13:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great stuff Marcus. Nothing like a bit of wildlife in the garden. Having said that, I saw more foxes in Central London than I have here. We don't seem to have any foxes here.
Glad you're enjoying your new life.
You need to get a couple of dogs now. The lord of the manor always has a few dogs following him around. It's a country thing.
Three Deerhounds should do it.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  20:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers! All is great, but we have to make this old farm pay. A dog seems quite likely, once the Alpacas arrive and settle i the Spring

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page

murphster
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  12:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just a pair of cold tits in my garden. Ducks look like their having fun. Glad you're enjoying a more relaxed pace of life.
Go to Top of Page

fatty
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  19:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike dolbear

quote:

I am so glad this has worked out for you. I also recently moved out of London after 30 years which was a big change for us, i still have a studio in London for teaching which i go to twice a week but then back home to the beach

Where have you moved to Mike?
Go to Top of Page

mike dolbear
Administrator

2382 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  09:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have moved down towards Bournemouth, still only 90 minutes away from London.

It's my website/forum so behave yourself's !

Started November 2000
New Mike Dolbear Web Show https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAGa_4MF8-VD8gvSKB6EcbifVLsl0Saf1
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  09:24:50  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice one Mike, I'm sure you will love being by the coast. It's something I always had a vague dream of, but never for a moment thought that I would be able to actually do it!

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page

fatty
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  12:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice. A fantastic beach.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  13:39:40  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A visit to nearby Sandbanks is an eye-opener! Perhaps that's where Mike really is!

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2017 :  08:13:33  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We moved in 3 months ago today!

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page

rollingthunder
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2448 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  07:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers! All is great, but we have to make this old farm pay. A dog seems quite likely, once the Alpacas arrive and settle i the Spring

Seen a couple of Alpacas last year in South America. A couple of hundred thousands that is. Everyone seems to have them. In fields, gardens, yards and even wandering in and out of houses. Although they have a penchant for spitting, I managed to avoid being hit, although one stood on my foot.
I've seen them in fields in Scotland from time to time. For a while I thought they were Llamas until someone explained to the idiot city boy they were Alpacas.
You learn something new everyday, so they say.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19559 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  07:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I lived in Uruguay for 5 years as a boy. Knew about Llamas, saw them, got spat on by one, but only heard of Alapcas a few years ago! They are much more friendly and spit much less than Llamas. Might be going to a big local Alpaca farm this weekend to find out more. Meanwhile the most regular pair of Mallards is getting used to me and waddle up to see if I have any food for them, very endearing!

Marcus de Mowbray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000