New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guy baillie
Excellent Contributer

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2017 :  21:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am probably moving soon which will necessitate moving all my drums, etc. I'm worried about entrusting my tubs, etc, to the removals men. Don't really want to have to hire a separate van -any advice or experiences?

GuBa

gaz farrimond
Advanced Contributer

Australia
12354 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  07:51:14  Show Profile  Visit gaz farrimond's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I have my drums in a mix of Gator and Protection Racket bags and some hard cases.

Shipped from the UK to USA and back, then to Australia. Admittedly, I did have one bass drum damaged on the Australia move, but being honest it wasn't as bad as I expected after a 10 week sea voyage and Australian import inspections. (Everything was opened)

I'll strongly recommend Protection Racket gear for moving and storage.

Go to Top of Page

mike dolbear
Administrator

2419 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  09:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved home recently after 25 years in the same place, anything in the removal van went in to Hardcases anything else like cymbals and a few snare drums I put in a car just in protection racket bags. Everything was fine. If it's a proper removal company they know how to move and pack stuff but do tell them what you have.
Good luck.

It's my website/forum so behave yourself's !

Started November 2000
New Mike Dolbear Web Show https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAGa_4MF8-VD8gvSKB6EcbifVLsl0Saf1
Go to Top of Page

Gingerthedrummer
Advanced Contributer

Australia
809 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2017 :  14:05:26  Show Profile  Visit Gingerthedrummer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I emigrated my kit from the UK to Australia in Protection Racket cases without a problem.

Ask the removal men to help you with wrapping and protection and they will assist.

http://www.myspace.com/infamousgingerthedrummer
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19675 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2017 :  07:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
6 kits (from compact to colossal) 12 timpani, a Drum Car, masses of hand drums, percussion and sound effects, large gong, approx 20 cymbals, 10 BD pedals 2 pedal carosels, complete DAW recording set-up, mics, leads, adapters, 2 electric guitars,1 acoustic guitar, 1 bass, 2 electric ukuleles, 3 acoustic ukuleles, 2 banjos, 1 vintage mandolin, 1 charango, various penny whistles and horns...

....all safely moved from London to Hastings.

Marcus de Mowbray
www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
Go to Top of Page

rollingthunder
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2492 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2017 :  10:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thought of moving all my gear from one end of Britain to the other was a task I could do without, so I sold off everything except what I really needed. Five kits went to new homes.
I wouldn't worry about the removal guys, from past experiences I've found them pretty careful and the contents of my house went from London to the Isle of Skye without mishap.
As long as they're in cases they'll be fine and they're insured in transit by the removal company.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19675 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2017 :  07:42:46  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wanted to sell a lot of stuff but ran out of time! Also I did need to keep a lot of prototypes and significant development work.

Marcus de Mowbray
www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000