New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

hector1
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2607 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  13:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://store.dwdrums.com/p/dwcp5500lb-dw-5000-series-low-boy-hi-hat-w-cymbals?pp=10

At last they are back and not all cable driven etc

Drumming is like a meeting to conduct business.

Booma
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  19:57:18  Show Profile  Visit Booma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would be useful to accompany the cajon - though at that price the cymbals would need to be good. I haven't checked other manufacturers though - might have a hunt around.

www.bluescalepublishing.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Captain Bubble
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
19674 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  07:46:36  Show Profile  Visit Captain Bubble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a pair of Sabian 10" Mini Hats. I don't think they are available anymore, but they are excellent cymbals. I bought them for my ultra-portable kits and also supplied them to a few customers, but now they are still my first choice now that I am playing louder music on a full size kit. Reckon they would be perfect with a Cajon and Low Boy! For one of my Cajon based kits I went back even further into drum kit history and made myself a "Snow Shoe" ...2 hinged plywood boards with a cymbal bolted to each and a spring between the base and the footplate board. Simple and effective!

Marcus de Mowbray
www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
Go to Top of Page

Casthoop
Advanced Contributer

Argentina
3966 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2017 :  14:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Casthoop

Wow that looks a cool new invention by DW Now all they need invent are some sort of painted hollow wood blocks shaped like heads ,maybe a set of five ranging from small to large would be great.
Maybe some single headed toms with the heads fixed on with studs as well and call them Chinese?
Great innovators these DW chaps!!
Ed

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000