Electronics
 Best way to midi record 3 triggers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

beatfromthesun
New Contributer

9 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2017 :  15:00:44  Show Profile  Visit beatfromthesun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I monitor live my kick drum trigger from a roland tm2 whilst recording its midi into my computer. I currently do this with success on my acoustic kit and im wondering if its actually possible to use trigger input 2 to take rack and floor toms (using a stereo split cable to capture each tom) and then record that as midi alongside the kick?. Im presuming this can be done but will i be able to capture the 3 channels as midi and record it live as separate notes within the daws step editor? Ive got a feeling that if i get that far that channel 2 will record on the same note i wont be able to split rack and toms?

I have a roland tm2 and kick trigger, ill invest in x2 tom triggers , and if this cant be done i guess ill have to get a seprate module (dm5) or something and hook them up together. Just looking at all alternatives as this would be cool to do with the tm2 if poss. Cheers

Unkle Kev
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2166 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  09:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Unkle Kev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Join the new Mike Dolbear forum and I'll answer your question. :-)

http://forum.mikedolbear.com/

Seriously, get over there as this forum is now redundant. I can answer your question as a fellow TM-2 user.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000